
Everything is wrong with this picture. Everything.
So, as I now see it, Gordon Brown, not content with the right-shifting 'New' Labour ideology of the '90s, really is comfortable with a move this cynical. I wonder, does this mean he too admires her 'strength', her 'vision', her 'steely determination'? Does this mean that he condones the fate that horror subjected Labour voters to in the '80s? And what of those Miners' families - just as one example - I'm wondering whether what they went through is now all right by The Labour Party? Is the legacy of that horror, still reverberating throughout many communities, OK with The Labour Party now...collateral damage, maybe?
Are the votes of a few thousand floating Torys really that important to Brown? And, if so, just what does The Labour Party even mean now? Because as I see it, the charade is up, and the spectacle of a Labour leader breaking bread with that woman is nothing short of contemptuous.
(I always use a lot of italics when I'm angry!)

No comments:
Post a Comment